Common questions from Real Couples, answered by Priam's Event Sales Specialist.
1) What is considered the "event season" at Priam Vineyards?
- Our tent reception site is available May through October, with June through September being the most desired months. However, we do have our newly expanded Tasting Room with an event space we have named "The Winemaker's Room" that is available for weddings up to 70 guests. This indoor winery wedding space can host your intimate wedding any time of the year.
2) What is the max capacity for guests?
- We can accommodate weddings from 30 to 500 guests. Our tent reception site has a minimum requirement of 75 guests on a Friday/Sunday, and a minimum of 125 guests on a Saturday. While our indoor winery site can accommodate 30 to 70 guests.
3) Does Priam Vineyards require a day-of coordinator?
- No need to find a day-of coordinator. Our packages include an Event Specialist that will assist you with your floor plan, menu selection, vendor arrival, rehearsal, and day-of coordination.
4) Is rehearsal time included?
- A rehearsal is included with our complete package. In addition, we can assist you with planning a rehearsal dinner at the vineyard for your family and friends. Let your Event Specialist know and we can help bring your vision to life.
If you desire to have your ceremony off-site, like at a church, we do have suggestions if needed, and the ceremony fee can be removed from your package.
5) How late can music be played at night?
- Priam Vineyards has an agreement with the Town of Colchester to end all amplified music at 10:30pm. Our suggestion would be to schedule your reception no later than 5:30pm to get your full value from your chosen DJ or Band.
6) Are linens, china, flatware, glassware included?
- Yes, our package includes linens, china, flatware, glassware, as well as chairs, tables, restrooms, dance floor and lighting. We partner with Gourmet Galley Catering to provide a complete site + catering wedding package to our clients. The package is customizable to your vision, speak to an Event Sales Specialist to hear more about customizations.
7) Can buses make the entry road to our wedding?
- Yes, buses/limos/shuttles/antique cars can make it up our entry road and we have an additional separate parking lot for those vehicles. We provide parking attendants and signage for every wedding event to aide with your guest arrival.
8) Can we incorporate our four-legged family members in our wedding?
- Absolutely! We are pet friendly out on the vineyard. We have met many pets through the years and enjoy seeing them in our wedding celebrations.
9) Is your venue handicapped accessible?
- Yes, we are handicapped accessible. We have an ADA bathroom unit as well ramps, and golf carts to aide at any time during the event.
10) Are there any rules about decorations?
- For safety reasons, we cannot allow open flame under the reception tent. As well as non-biodegradable flower petals or confetti (typically used for floor decor), due to the farm equipment and the wildlife that we foster here. Any decor that is desired to "dress the tent" is required to be installed by a licensed professional. We do have suggestions for drapery artists and decor/installation professionals.
11) Does Priam Vineyards require the client to have liability insurance?
- We do not require the bride/groom to have insurance unless they plan to bring Uncle's home-made DIY chuppah for the ceremony, or something like that. The only liability insurances we require would be from any vendors or professionals joining on site for the wedding. We will provide you with vendor instructions and templates for ease of communicating to your booked vendors.
12) What if it rains during the ceremony?
- If the forecast predicts rain, we can set-up ceremony chairs under the reception tent to keep your guests dry. We also have clear side panels (no additional charge) for the tent to keep wind/rain out. If the temperature drops, we also have heaters (no additional charge) that we can turn on. If there is a unexpected passing shower, we have enough chairs in our inventory to pull out dry, clean chairs to set up under the reception tent.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to an Event Sales Specialist.